What is sustainability?
Sustainability is a community’s ongoing capacity and resolve to work together to establish, advance, and maintain support for people with chronic conditions to improve health and quality of life through self-management skills.
In order to to continue to provide high-quality self-management services and programs over the long-term, it’s necessary to plan for sustainability.
Program Sustainability Assessment Report
The free online Program Sustainability Assessment Tool at www.sustaintool.org/assess allows you to:
- Rate your program across the 8 sustainability domains.
- View an automated summary Sustainability Report of your results.
Develop a Sustainability Action Plan Next!
Develop your Sustainability Action plan at www.sustaintool.org/plan-for-sustainability/#develop-an-action-plan. Assemble your planning team, review your mission and purpose, review your Sustainability Assessment Tool Report, prioritize the area(s) of sustainability capacity to address first, and then take action!
- A Sustainability Planning Guide for Healthy Communities (PDF)
- Chronic Disease Self-Management Program Cost Calculator (NCOA website)
- Indiana’s Program Sustainability Guide 2014 (PDF)
- Missouri’s Sustainability Toolkit (PDF)
- Oregon’s Living Well Sustainability Toolkit (PDF)
- Program Sustainability Assessment Tool, www.sustaintool.org