Utah community partners working together to enhance healthy living through evidence-based programs.
To coordinate with outstanding partners delivering the Living Well, falls prevention and physical activity programs statewide to implement quality workshops, increase participant reach, and build for sustainability.
Advisory Committee 2021-2022
- Co-Chairs: Nichole Shepard and Sydney Williams, Healthy Aging Program
- Secretary: Celsa Bowman, Healthy Aging Program
- Falls Prevention Representatives: Daniel Musto, Violence and Injury Prevention Program and Erika Thompson, Salt Lake County Aging and Adult Services
- Living Well Representative: Rebbi Burdett, Intermountain
The purpose of our LWC Project Groups is to transform the coalition vision and purpose into a series of goals and activities for each group through agreed upon key strategies to address issues and reach goals. The emphasis is on broad strategies, including current and new collaborative approaches that are related to specific goal(s).
- Sustainability: This group will focus on creating a sustainability plan for our statewide network.
- Peer Leaders, Instructors and Facilitators: This group will focus on effective ways to support leaders, instructors and facilitators leading all evidence-based programs.
- Falls Prevention: This group will focus on preventing falls and promoting classes specific to fall prevention: Stepping On, Tai Chi for Arthritis and Falls Prevention, LW Chronic Conditions, LW Chronic Pain, EnhanceFitness.
Quarterly Meeting Schedule
- Monday, February 13, 2023 (10:30 am – 12:00 pm)
- Monday, May 8, 2023 (10:30 am – 12:00 pm)
- Monday, August 14, 2023 (10:30 am – 12:00 pm)
- Monday, November 13, 2023 (10:30 am – 12:00 pm)