Spread the word; Step into April and Take a Walk!
Throughout the month of April, spread this message throughout your networks to get the word out about walking!
Did You Know:
Doing some balance training, aerobic activities, and/or muscle-strengthening exercises can lead to improved sleep, reduced stress, reduced depression and anxiety, and provide pain relief?
Start With a Walk:
- Wear well-fitting, comfortable shoes, along with comfortable, breathable socks.
- Choose a safe, accessible place to start walking, such as a neighborhood with sidewalks, a park, or a community walking trail!
- Start at your own pace based on your physical abilities. Don’t do too much, too soon.
- Use aids, like walking sticks or canes, if they help.
- Don’t hold your breath when walking! Remember, keep breathing.
Walk With Ease: A community-based group walking program designed to help you start and maintain a safe walking routine. Join a Walk With Ease class near you at livingwell.utah.gov.
Walk With a Doc: Walk with a healthcare provider in your area! Visit https://walkwithadoc.org/ for more information.
TrailLink: Find a walking or hiking trail near you at www.traillink.com/stateactivity/ut-walking-trails/.